$55.00 for Member Organizations
Are you new to a Board? A seasoned expert with years of experience to share? Then this module is just for you!
The purpose of the “Not-for-Profit Board Essentials” module is to provide the foundational knowledge and resources for you to meaningfully participate in not-for-profit board activities.
Regardless of your level of experience, this eLearning course will provide you with a solid overview of the basics of good Board governance. You will be provided with valuable tools and in‐depth information to equip you in your role as a leader within your organization. You will learn how you can govern more effectively to assist the organization and its staff in delivering their mission.
Delivery Method: eLearning via www.vetch.ca
Opening Date: September 29. 2017
Duration: Available until April 2, 2018 from the date of registration
Click on the section titles to learn more about this professional development opportunity.
- Describe the significance of board governance to a not-for-profit organization by listing at least three key points related to due diligence, capacity building, organizational accountability, and sustainability.
- Effectively contribute towards the sustainability of the organization by understanding your role and responsibilities as a board member and, by advocating on behalf of the organization.
- Apply the guiding principles, policies, by-laws, risk management, and legal obligations to establish a strong foundation for an effective and efficient board.
- Provide direction to a not-for-profit organization by supporting strategic planning, transparent and effective financial management, and measuring and reporting community impact.
- Support good board dynamics by following efficient and effective communication guidelines, meetings management, team dynamics, and harmonious board engagement.
- Current Board Members
- Those who are thinking of becoming Board Members
- Executive Directors/Heads of Not-for-profit Organizations
- Leaders of Volunteers responsible for Board Member recruitment
|Category||Single Program Fees|
|Special Event Membership||$75|
Kathleen is a long time facilitator of Volunteer MBC's Board Governance series. Her subject matter expertise has been invaluable to the creation of this Board Essentials module.
Kathleen has over 25 years of international experience working at both the field and leadership levels with formal education in the not‐for‐profit sector.
Previously she was the Manager, Volunteer/Community Services with Workplace Safety and Prevention Services (WSPS), where she provided leadership to a provincial team who delivered educational health and safety programmes to Ontarians. She was also one of the architects of Humber College’s Advanced Program in Volunteer Studies and presented sessions on the Governance and Writing Policies modules along with portions of the Fundamentals program for 10 years.She holds an MBA, Strategic Leadership Certificate, Voluntary Sector and Arts Diploma and Fundamentals of Volunteer Management. She is Past President on the PAVRO (Professional Administrators of Volunteer Leaders ‐ Ontario) Board of Directors and currently serves as a District Parliamentarian for Zonta International – a service organization which promotes the status of women in both local and global communities.
Tim Kott Insurance Agency Inc. | The Co-operators
145 Hamilton Street N., Unite E-3, Waterdown, ON L0R 2H1
Phone: 905.690.2667 | Fax: 905.690.1792 | Email: email@example.com