Police Records Checks: Youth

Effective November 1, 2018, in accordance with the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA), youth records will only be released to federal, provincial or municipal government agencies. Record checks for young persons won't be conducted for any other purpose. 

Due to the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, an individual sentenced for an offence as a Young Person does not have to apply for a record suspension since all records are destroyed or archived once all applicable time periods have elapsed.

For more details contact: Peel Regional Police, Records Services, 905-453-2121 Ext. 4343

Source: Recent Changes to Police Records Checks [Webinar], presented by Peel Regional Police, hosted by Volunteer MBC, on October 2017.

Link to more informationhttps://www.peelpolice.ca/en/services/record-checks-and-suspensions-pardons.aspx#

» Resources and Publications