Start on the right note with your Board!
Are you new to a Board? A seasoned expert with years of experience to share? Then this course is just for you!
This course is designed to facilitate engagement at your own pace. There are 7 mini-chapters and a graded quiz which will remain open until the end of your course enrolment period. The graded quiz will open once you have visited all 7 chapters. Some chapters include audio and some chapters are designed without it. The tool used to develop this eLearning module is screen reader friendly. You will receive a "Certificate of Completion" when you successfully complete the quiz.
- Effectively contribute towards the sustainability of the organization by understanding your role and responsibilities as a board member and, by advocating for the organization,
- Apply the guiding principles, policies, by-laws, risk management, and legal obligations to establish a strong foundation for an effective and efficient board,
- Provide direction to a not-for-profit organization by supporting strategic planning, transparent and effective financial management, and measuring and reporting community impact,
- Support good board dynamics by following efficient and effective communication guidelines, meetings management, team dynamics, and harmonious board engagement.
Who is this Course For?- New and Current Board Members
- Those who are thinking of becoming Board Members
- Executive Directors/Heads of Not-for-profit Organizations
- Leaders of Volunteers responsible for Board Member recruitment
On-Going Registrations Now Open!
180 Days access from date of payment.
Any time access.
eLearning Course accessed through www.vetch.ca
A mix of Audio, video, images, and text.
Fees and Registration
Members = $60.00 | Non-members = $80.00
Kathleen is a long time facilitator of Volunteer MBC's Board Governance series. Her subject matter expertise has been invaluable to the creation of this Board Essentials module.
Kathleen has over 25 years of international experience working both in both the field and leadership levels with formal education in the not‐for‐profit sector.
Previously she was the Manager, Volunteer/Community Services with Workplace Safety and Prevention Services (WSPS), where she provided leadership to a provincial team who delivered educational health and safety programmes to Ontarians. She was also one of the architects of Humber College’s Advanced Program in Volunteer Studies and presented sessions on the Governance and Writing Policies modules along with portions of the Fundamentals program for 10 years.She holds an MBA, Strategic Leadership Certificate, Voluntary Sector and Arts Diploma and Fundamentals of Volunteer Management. She is Past President on the PAVRO (Professional Administrators of Volunteer Leaders ‐ Ontario) Board of Directors and currently serves as a District Parliamentarian for Zonta International – a service organization which promotes the status of women in both local and global communities.