Your voice as a Leader of Volunteers is crucial in the overall strategy of your not-for-profit organization. Your role directly impacts the success of mission delivery by leading the volunteer engagement function to source an un-disrupted delivery of programs and services. Strategic Planning by definition is, through discussion and consensus, the process of declaring the organization's way forward and making key decisions on how, when and where the organization would allocate resources to execute the strategy. Your insights of how Volunteer Engagement builds the capacity and sustainability of the organization is must include conversation during strategic planning. In this workshop you will learn how to bring that conversation to the forefront by understanding how to support the strategic planning process.
By participating in this workshop, you will be able to;
1. Understand what is meant by strategic thinking that is applied for a productive strategic planning exercise.
2. Identify the strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats, to build a sustainable organization.
3. Participate in a strategic planning exercise with substantial insights to include Volunteer Engagement as a significant strategic activity.
4. Apply a Balance Scorecard approach to measure the success of strategic volunteer engagement goals.
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
9:00 am to 12:00 pm (Check-in desk opens 8:45 am to 9:00 am)
Light refreshments provided
Volunteer MBC, 7700 Hurontario Street, Unit 601 (C/o Community Door Brampton), Brampton, ON L6Y 4M3
Landmarks: Ray Lawson Blvd./Hurontario St.; Adjoining Wok of Fame Chinese Restaurant
Who Should Attend?
- Leaders of Volunteers and anyone involved in volunteer coordination/management
- Managers of Programs, Services and Projects
- Departmental Heads of not-for-profit organization
- Executive Directors, Chief Executive Officers, and Leaders of Community Groups, and Leaders of Social Service Clubs
- Leaders of formal youth focused and/or youth led groups
Member Fee = $40
Non-member Fee = $60
SOLD OUT, Registrations Closed
Participants will receive 3 Professional Development Credit Units
Presentation: Strategic Planning for Leaders of Volunteers