In the world of doing good, sometimes we are tired!
Volunteer Leaders experience many rewarding opportunities to build positive engagement in their community. Along with the many rewards, a volunteer leader is often exposed to stressful situations that can have an impact on their mental well being. This session is designed to offer volunteer leaders insights into the signs of workplace stress and the impact of compassion fatigue and burnout by offering practical tools to identify stress and improve work performance. Participants learn how to identify causes of workplace stress, explores the signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue and burnout and how learn how to build effective self care strategies to decrease the impact on their personal and professional lives.
By participating in this workshop, Participants will:
1. Identify the causes of stress in your life.
2. Recognize the most common signs of stress, compassion fatigue and burnout.
3. Identify unhealthy thought patterns that can increase anxiety.
4. Define healthy coping strategies to minimize impact of stress and improve workplace performance.
5. Discover attainable self-care options to support overall mental wellness
Who Should Attend?
- Leaders of Volunteers
- Program/Project Managers
- Volunteer Team Leaders
Date: July 10, 2019
Time: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Venue: Volunteer MBC Learning Centre, 7700 Hurontario St., Unit 601, Brampton, ON L6Y 4M3 (next to Wok of Fame Chinese Restaurant)
Registration and Fees
Member Organizations: $40
Non-Member Organizations: $60
* Participants will be awarded THREE (3) professional Development Credit Units