Stay on top of your financial accountability!
Comprehensive budgeting, sound financial management, and financial reporting are the cornerstones of an effective organization. Join us for this workshop to gain a better understanding of financial management and financial control.
Date: March 28, 2018
Time: 6 pm to 9 pm
Registration: 5:45 pm to 6:15 pm
Meals: Dinner will be provided
Delivery Method: In-Class Workshop
Venue: Community Door (Board Rooms), 7700 Hurontario Street, Unit 601, Brampton, ON L6Y 4M3 (Click here for the map)
Click on the sections below for registration and other details.
- How can you tell if you have a good budget and important questions you should ask before approving a budget
- What does it mean to monitor the finances of an organization
- What types of financial reports should you ask for and what should you be looking for when you receive a financial report
- What are some key areas that will give you an indicator of the financial health of the organization
- Financial controls all organizations need to have in place
- What you need to know about the financial audit process
- Current Board Members
- Those who are thinking of becoming Board Members
- Executive Directors/Heads of Not-for-profit Organizations
- Leaders of Volunteers responsible for Board Member recruitment
Eric is a Certified Management Accountant who has worked in the not for profit sector for over 20 years. He was recently employed as the Director of Finance at Frontier College and previously was the Controller at the YMCA of Greater Toronto. Eric has also served as Treasurer for other not for profit organizations. He has delivered numerous workshops on budgeting and financial management to the sector. Eric’s workshops are focused on making financial management clear and understandable for the nonfinancial person.
Tim Kott Insurance Agency Inc. | The Co-operators
145 Hamilton Street N., Unit E-3, Waterdown, ON L0R 2H1
Phone: 905.690.2667 | Fax: 905.690.1792 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org