Recruit, engage and retain a group of dynamic leaders!
Navigating a boat on calm waters is easy. Navigating in rough waters takes a group of special people. Identify and secure your not-for-profit’s current and future leadership requirements to move your mission forward. Join us for this exciting workshop to learn practical steps and gain concrete resources to support your not-for-profit board recruitment and succession planning.
Date: February 21, 2018
Time: 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Registration Open: 5:45 pm to 6:15 pm
Meals: Dinner will be provided
Delivery Method: In-person Workshop
Venue: Community Door (Board Rooms), 7700 Hurontario Street, Unit 601, Brampton, ON L6Y 4M3 (Click here for the map)
Click on the sections below for registration and other details.
- Recognize and understand the importance of the succession planning process;
- Recognize and define your Board needs in order to develop a strategy to recruit the right people with the skills and attributes needed to continue delivering your organizations mission;
- Analyze your Board cycle to identify the skills and attributes needed as you move forward;
- Understand the important role of a nominations and governance committee;
- Understand the role of the Board, nominations committee and staff in succession planning.
- Current Board Members
- Those who are thinking of becoming Board Members
- Executive Directors/Heads of Not-for-profit Organizations
- Leaders of Volunteers responsible for Board Member recruitment
Kathleen is a long time facilitator of Volunteer MBC's Board Governance series. Her subject matter expertise has been invaluable to the creation of this Board Essentials module.
Kathleen has over 25 years of international experience working both in both the field and leadership levels with formal education in the not‐for‐profit sector.
Previously she was the Manager, Volunteer/Community Services with Workplace Safety and Prevention Services (WSPS), where she provided leadership to a provincial team who delivered educational health and safety programmes to Ontarians. She was also one of the architects of Humber College’s Advanced Program in Volunteer Studies and presented sessions on the Governance and Writing Policies modules along with portions of the Fundamentals program for 10 years.She holds an MBA, Strategic Leadership Certificate, Voluntary Sector and Arts Diploma and Fundamentals of Volunteer Management. She is Past President on the PAVRO (Professional Administrators of Volunteer Leaders ‐ Ontario) Board of Directors and currently serves as a District Parliamentarian for Zonta International – a service organization which promotes the status of women in both local and global communities.
Tim Kott Insurance Agency Inc. | The Co-operators
145 Hamilton Street N., Unit E-3, Waterdown, ON L0R 2H1
Phone: 905.690.2667 | Fax: 905.690.1792 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org